It was Kyra’s idea!
This club originated as an idea of a local teen cancer patient, Kyra M, from Forest Hill, MD. Kyra attends Bel Air High School but has had to withdraw in her junior year because treatments have caused her to miss too much school. Part of Kyra’s frustration is missing out on the normal social interactions with her peers.
How can you join the Teens.CanSur.vive Club?
The club is open to teens ages 13-19 and meets on average once a month at the Cool Kids Learning Center in Towson. Frequency of meetings depends on what events they are planning or attending. The club is driven primarily through Facebook. Interested teens should join the Facebook Group (managed by Kyra) or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive current announcements.
Saturday, May 11th, 2013 – Baltimore Color Run Volunteer Post
The Teen Club will be volunteering with the Cool Kids Campaign at the Baltimore Color Run. Pediatric oncology patients, their families, and survivors will be manning the yellow color station at the race. Read more about the event and how to sign up here.
Good ideas needed!
If you have an opportunity or idea which you think the teen club could participate in, please pass it along to Sharon!
Teen Club Event Photos and Past Events
All photos are on Facebook, but no log-in is required.
- 2013 American Girl Doll Fashion Show – Volunteered During Show Weekend – March 2013 (Pictures coming soon – Event Overview here)
- 2012 Holiday Party< (Scroll to the bottom of the album for teen club pictures) – December 2012/li>
- Ravens Game Party – September 2012
- Houses of Hope / Start of Summer Picnic (Scroll to the bottom of the album for teen club pictures) – July 2012
- Gingerbead House Decorating – December 2011
- Halloween Party – October 2011
- Legg Mason Suite at Oriole Park – June 2011
- Kickoff Meeting at the Towson Marriott – April 2011
Click to manually advance slideshow at any time