Casting Call Dates & Locations
All model applicants must attend ONE of the below model searches. Applying to model more than once (i.e. attending multiple sessions) is not allowed. Each casting call takes place from 12pm – 2pm at the location noted at each mall. There is no “reservation” needed and no “application fee”. Just come on out and have a good time! If you are in line by 2pm we will remain open to see your audition (late comers will be asked to attend a different model search).
2013 Model Show Searches
Model searches will be held on the following dates:
Saturday, January 12, 2013
The Mall in Columbia (Google map)
12pm-2pm in Center Court, Lower Level near Lord & Taylor
Sunday, January 13, 2013
White Marsh Mall (Google map)
12pm-2pm in Center Court, Lower Level, near Boscov’s
Saturday, January 19, 2013
Towson Town Center (Google map)
12pm-2pm in Grand Court, Level 1
Please bring the following documents with you:
FAQ for the Model Search:
We’ve received a lot of questions about these four topics!
Do I need to set-up an appointment to try out to model?
Nope! Please just make sure you are standing in line by 2pm and you will get to try out. Late-comers will be asked to attend a different model search.
Do I need to bring an American Girl Doll with me?
Nope! We have dolls up on the stage that the girls can use. They are welcome to bring their own if they wish.
Is there a fee to try out?
Nope! Come out, have a good time, and learn about two great charities and what they are doing for Baltimore’s children.
What sizes are the models chosen for?
Models chosen will be EITHER size 6x OR 10. Anywhere it is printed that implies sizes other than those two is, regrettably, incorrect. We are only provided those two clothing sizes from American Girl Doll headquarters!
I have questions about the photo I’m supposed to bring
We’ve written some advice on selecting a photo on the “Apply to Model” page. Check it out here.
- Models must fit a size 6x (Bitty Baby outfits) or size 10 (historical and Dress Like Your Doll outfits). See size chart below for measurements.
- Selected models will be assigned to one of the show groups. It is preferred if each model can commit to at least a full day on Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Models must be able to attend Model Camp on Sat. March 16th or Sun March 17th. You are assigned one or the other depending on what show(s) you are chosen for on March 24th and 25th.
- There is no photography during the show. Each model will have her picture taken by a professional photographer prior to the show.
- Models may be required to supply footwear and accessories depending on her costume.
- Models must be able to be away from parents for three hours (one hour before the show and during the two-hour performance) and feel comfortable walking a runway in front of 300+ people.
- For the event parents will drop off their daughters and American Girl volunteers will help get her in costume and prepared for the event.
- Parents much purchase a ticket in order to watch the show, including the show in which their daughter appears. (Ticket Information)
- All models will be asked to collect donations/pledges to support the charitable aspect of the show.
- The American Girl dolls are diverse, therefore, girls of all races and cultures are encouraged to apply. If your child is not within the range of measurements listed above, there will be an additional opportunity to model at the shows. Your American Girl can join the fun with the purchase of a VIP Model Package. Your American girl and her doll will walk the runway during intermission wearing a special Fashion Show T-shirt, which is hers to keep. Space is limited. To purchase a VIP spot please visit www.ummsfoundation.org.
- If you have any questions, please email: email@example.com
American Girl Size Chart
|Size 6x||Size 10|
|Bust/Chest||25 1/4″||28 1/2″|
|Outseam||27 3/8″||32 5/8″|
|Arm Length||17″||19 3/4″|
American Girl Fashion Show is licensed from American Girl Programs, Inc. All American Girl trademarks, names, and characters are trademarks of American Girl, LLC, used under license. All rights reserved.